background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Meet the Maker - LA Crafts



Amanda is the lovely face behind LA Crafts. She has some absolutely gorgeous designs.




Tell us a little about yourself? 
I am 28,live in rural SA on a vineyard with my husband and daughter, Sophie!

Other than sewing, what do you do? 
Hmm, Sewing is my hobby, my business and my life, I LOVE it , so I dont do too much other than that.  In summer we spend a fair bit of time at the local lake with the speed boat.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
Most of my inspiration comes from my or my daughter's needs, if I find I am missing something, I make it.

What does sewing, crafting and handmade mean to you? 
To me, it is a creative outlet to let all my stresses go, not that I have many. An afternoon of sewing is like a Massage/Facial for me.

Who is your favourite fabric or pattern designer?
My favourite designer is Michael Miller, it is very kid friendly and I always seem to find more than enough to fill my fabric addiction.

Who has been your greatest influence? 
I have a few influences, my mum and 2 aunts have always been into something crafty, so I guess it was passed down to me, although I only took a big interest after my daughter was born, which is when I started sewing.  Another influence is my Dad, who has great business sense and I seem to have picked up on that.

Where would you like to be in five years?
I would love to be in a NEW Custom Built house with a whole Sewing Wing LOL, I'm talking wall to ceiling storage, enough room for all my sewing machines (Yes I have a few) and a cutting table, business wise I would love to be popular enough to keep busy and hopefully be a mum to another beautiful child.

What handmade possession do you love most? 
My most treasured handmade possession is a dress made for my daughter made by my aunt, who sadly passed away last year.  It is too small but it will stay with me for the rest of my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ You might also like... ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...