background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Monday: Baked Apples


Wow, what a busy weekend I’ve had!!  2 days at The Mummy Tree Markets at Sanctuary Cove.  Now it’s time to get myself all organized.  Less than 7 weeks until our baby arrives and still have much to organize here!
Which got me thinking…. How do you organize your favourite recipes?  I have a little A5 folder for all my well loved recipes.  I have made up some “stationery” on my computer. When I find a recipe that like to use over and over again, rather than trying to remember which book or magazine it came from, I type it up on my stationery, print it out and put it in my folder.  I would love to hear how your sort through your fav’s at home!
Todays recipe comes from Jane at Lil Pip.  Following last weeks winter warmer, we have another – but this time a scrumptious dessert.
Baked Apples
Core apple
Stuff with either a mixture of sultanas and cinnamon or as an alternative, dried fruit and cinnamon (try dried apricot, dried dates and dried prunes all chopped up).

Place in a small baking dish. Put a small knob of butter or margarine on top (about a good teaspoon).

Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of custard, ice cream or cream.
Remember – we would love to hear what recipes are a hit in your household.  Email them to thesewingsisterhood@live.com.au and we will share it with our blog followers next week.
Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Tracey.

    It is a pretty basic recipe but sometimes they are the best!

    My favourite recipes are all in a book (I've run out of space in the baking section!). Complete with the Weight Watchers points calculated.

    ReplyDelete

♥ You might also like... ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...