background

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December stocking and What not to do while sewing...

Firstly, a note that the By suse Hocking December stocking is on Tomorrow evening (the 2nd of Dec.) at 8pm Brisbane time...and you can see the fun items that will be for sale here...here is just one sample of what will be available...


Lots of fun clothing for boys and girls, hope to see you there. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this little story that happened to me yesterday :)


Women are renowned for their multitasking skills...we can juggle the kids, and (for for some of us) work, as well as little WAH businesses as well...We can juggle a coffee, sewing and entertaining the kids all at once...we are good at what we do, are we not? Well, last night I discovered that my multi tasking skills are not as good as I thought they were...not as good as I am always telling hubby they are...not as good as I really wish they were! Let me explain...

I was trying to sew some cute boys nappy covers and shorts...I had the whole production line thing happening and it was working a dream.My mistake - trying to do all this at bedtime. My hubby does the bedtime thing...he reads the story and says the prayers with our 2 gorgeous girls, then he hands them over to me for tucking in. I was halfway through overlocking a pair of nappy covers and I got the call he was done, so I went and tucked them in tight, gave them kisses and cuddles and turned off the lights...then hastily headed back to my "studio" to carry on with what I was doing.
While I sat there, hubby started talking...about what, I cannot honestly remember...I wanted to get so much done before heading to bed, that I was doing a man thing and not really listening...you know...nod your head..."yup, aha...yup...no really, I am listening...yup..." (ladies, you know what I'm talking about). I was distracted for only a second...but it was a second long enough to do this...


and before I knew it, it was too late! I had sewn the front onto the back upside down!!! I'm going to have to unpick it now (hate unpicking overlocker stitching)...and I had to admit I wasn't really listening and that my famous multitasking skills need some more practice...


Well, I am now off to unpick the stupid thing LOL.
Happy Stitching,
Suse from By Suse Hocking

5 comments:

  1. Oops!!! That sounds like something I would do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of 'listening' it sound just like how I 'listen' to DH!

    I hope the unpicking didn't take too long!

    xG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha - love it! I think many of us can relate to that story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, sounds a bit like the day I ironed interfacing to the ironing board...
    Had to get a new cover

    ReplyDelete

♥ You might also like... ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...