Let's kick start 2012 with a product that fits nicely with the beautiful summer weather that a lot of Australia is currently experiencing! This Q&A session is courtesy of Tracey from My Obsession Designs.
- Name of product: Kids Back Pack
- What is the purpose of the product: My kids back packs are lined with a waterproof fabric, which makes it ideal for kids to carry to swimming lessons or a trip to the beach. Equally as great for a trip to the park or an overnight stay at the Grandparent's place.
- Who can use this product? The back pack is designed "kids-size" but can easily be used by an adult also.
- What is the product made from? The outside of the bag is made from 100% quilting cotton - lightweight by durable. They are lined with waterproof PUL (which is the same product used in MCN's to keep baby dry).
- Where is the product created? The back packs are created by me, in my home with my kids playing under my feet.
- How is the product created? They are sewn entirely with my trusty sewing machine.
- How did the product idea come about? My children attend swimming lessons weekly. With all three of them in the pool (as well as me for the younger ones), I was a bit like a pack-horse heading out every Wednesday morning. I wanted a back pack that the kids would wear themselves, something fun and colourful, lightweight but big enough to hold their towel, swimwear, drink bottle and a snack. Something that didn't weigh them down.
- Where can customers buy this product and what is the RRP? Customers can purchase my kids back packs from my Online Store at www.ozhandmade.com.au/store/myobsessiondesigns or in person at The Mummy Tree Markets on the Gold Coast (every second month). I also attend other markets around Brisbane, visit my Facebook Page for updates on where you can find me. The back pack retails at $30 (AUD).
- Do you have a special offer for our blog followers? Mention seeing my back packs on The Sewing Sisterhood Blog and you will receive $5 off!