Today's Product in Focus is something clever to put the smiles on faces of children and parents alike! This Q&A session is courtesy of Sarah from Skip Chasey.
- Name of product: Walkie Chalkie
- What is the purpose of the product: To provide a portable drawing mat while out and about.
- Who can use this product? Children that are able to draw with chalk - all the way up to adults. It is also good for those children that are non-verbal and can write or draw their responses.
- What is the product made from? Chalk cloth fabric and designer cotton backs.
- Where is the product created? It is created here at Skip Chasey headquarters.
- How is the product created? With a sewing machine. The binding on the Walkie Chalkies is all made by hand. Specialty needles are used to go through the thick chalkcloth.
- How did the product idea come about? I saw some chalkcloth being sold online and thought about what I could be doing with it. There was a prototype that was posted on the Skip Chasey Facebook page that was very well received.
- Where can customers buy this product and what is the RRP? Walkie Chalkies are available at market nights on the Skip Chasey Facebook page and retail at $20 plus postage. www.facebook.com/SkipChasey