background

Saturday, March 12, 2011


Highlighting the "Maker of the week"


We thought we would show you the faces behind the names. Enjoy our updates on who we are!

Sabrina from Crambster Creations

Tell us a little about yourself?

I am married to a wonderful and patient man, and have a beautiful daughter who keeps us on our toes. I used to be a highschool home ec, hospitality and history teacher, which i loved. To inspire students to reach their potential is the best job in the world second only to being a mum myself.


Other than sewing, what do you do?
Besides sewing I love cooking and organising functions. I am also an avid scrapbooker, I love preserving the memories for my children to see.
Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration to start sewing kids clothes was my nephew, I started making clothes for him as my sister is a big fan of anything handmade. The more I searched for cool funky fabrics the more my pile of fabric grew :) Still grows but I love sourcing great fabric.

What does sewing, crafting and handmade mean to you?
I love seeing how the handmade community is growing and the support from others I receive. I love drawing inspiration from others who sew and craft and often are in awe of others creativity. I love the fact that a group of women can be given the same task and yet all produce a beautiful yet differing handmade product.

Who is your favourite fabric or pattern designer?
I am totally in love with and addicted to Michael Miller.

Who has been your greatest influence?
My greatest influence is my Dad and Kylie, they are very creative people and have taught me how to turn any negative experiences into a positive one. The support of my family has been invaluable.

Where would you like to be in five years?
Have grown my business big enough to do weekly markets, and being the best mum I can be to my children.

What handmade posession do you love most?
I don't keep most of my handmade things, but my favourite two handmade things are the Mae Bridal doll (pattern by Bit of Whimsy Dolls) I made for my sisters wedding and my daughters Boobooks (see Lil Pip) of which she has three cause I think they are super dooper cute.

You can find Sabrina and her products at Crambster Creations

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sabrina - I love that you love Boobook ribbon owls as much as me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is true... Apparently i use A as anexcuse to feed my addiction according to hubby andhave been banned from buying more but we will see ha ha ...

    ReplyDelete

♥ You might also like... ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...