With only weeks (or days) left until our house goes from 5 to 6 (eek!!), I am loving quick, easy, simple recipes! I certainly don't feel like standing in the kitchen for hours labouring (no pun intended) over dinner to end up with the sound of "I don't like this" in my ears....
This menu is one of those that does not receive that reception - and it's quick and easy to boot!
Chicken & Macaroni Bake
2 Cups Macaroni
¼ cup Olive Oil
4 Chicken Breast Fillets
1 Medium Carrot, chopped
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3 Rashers Bacon, chopped
2 Medium Zucchini, chopped
440g Can Tomato Soup
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
Salt and Freshly ground pepper to taste
1½ Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Trim chicken of excess fat and sinew. Preheat oven to moderate 180oC
- Cook macaroni in large pan of rapidly boiling water with a little oil added until just tender.
- Slice chicken breasts into cubes. Heat oil in heavy based pan. Cook chicken quickly over high heat until browned but not cooked through. Drain on paper towel
- Cook onion, carrot & bacon on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add zucchini & soup. Bring to boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat
- Combine pasta, chicken, tomato mixture & sour cream. Spread into shallow dish, top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!