background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Martha goes North!

After a special flight (via Australia Post) I landed in Townsville - the capital of North Queensland. It was oh so warm!! When I arrived at Crambster Creations the warm open arms of Sabrina's daughter Adria greeted me! She gave me the grand tour of Crambster HQ.

Adria invited me to her 1st Birthday Party - what fun that was! Adria let me help her open her presents before the party began. The following day it was time to do a bit of sightseeing in beautiful Townsville.



First stop was ‘Riverway’ where I toured the art gallery and watched people enjoy the pools and finished the visit relaxing by Ross River taking in the view of some gorgeous river front houses.



Next we headed to cool off by the Strand, having some ice cream we walked along the Strand before stopping on the beach to take in the sights of Magnetic Island.



I was having such a great time - I wanted to see more, so Sabrina took me up Castle Hill, where I was able to see Townsville from all advantage points. I took a few ‘tourist’ piccies and had a chat with a few locals who were most interested in my journey so far around Australia.



Unfortunately due to my tight timeline that was all I had time for in the tropics. It was sad to have to leave the warmer weather of Far North Queensland. I enjoyed my stay with Sabrina and her family, and made some great friends too! But alas, it's time to travel on down to Victoria for my next stop.

We will chat again soon.

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ You might also like... ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...